Tuesday, July 24, 2018

This article is all quotes... good stuff. Enjoy

Here is a Landmark distinction in a TED talk... delivered in layman"s terms. Just listen to the explosive applause in the end... It is a missing piece for most of us. ((The distinction or principle in Landmark Education terms: "What gives your being in the present is the future you live into." The future you live into. That future is either designed, or default. When it"s default: it is always the past... the bad past. The one you don"t want to repeat... but you unwittingly do. It is what you are afraid that will happen.

I am afraid that if I stand out I"ll get killed. really. And in spite of everything, I, somehow, make it happen in small ways, even though I barely stand out.

But to do something that would really make me stand out: I am reluctant to do.))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwLeiY5f7sI


This is an email from Tai Lopez:


Get out of your comfort zone.

Seriously.

I see so many people stuck in their ways. A slave to their own routines.

They"re in their own heads.

If you want to be successful you have to take an outside perspective on your life. Take some time to analyze your daily routines. A lot of our routines and habits don’t serve us anymore. They probably did at one point, but they need to be updated.

I see people that are struggling to get in-shape or struggling to make money. When I ask them “did you workout today?” or “did you read a book today?” the response is always the same: “I don’t have time.”

One of my first mentors Joel Salatin would always tell me, when someone says they don’t have time, always add “for that” at the end. They don’t have time FOR THAT. People always make time for the things they really want. If someone wants to watch their favorite show they make time for it, but when it comes to something that can improve your life, they always say they don’t have time. In reality they don’t have the vision to see that a little pain today will establish a routine that will massively change your life tomorrow.

Life is too short for excuses. There are two types of people in this world, those who get things done and those who have 100 amazing excuses why they couldn’t do it.

So what do you want? Do you want more money in your account? Another source of passive income? A new physique. Whatever it is you want, make time for it. Time is the most valuable thing we have. Don’t waste it.

Another MASSIVE key is to put yourself out there. Reading books and watching videos are a great way to learn, but if that’s all you do you’re not going to get ahead my friend. Trust me.

Don’t get me wrong, I started by reading a TON of books and buying every course I could get my hands on (and afford), but I didn’t stop there. It’s important to meet mentors in-person when you can. Obviously, we can’t have a ton of in-person mentors because it’s expensive, but make it a point to go to some events and have some in-person mentors. Don’t just rely on books and videos.

Some of the greatest gems I ever learned came from in-person interactions. Whether it’s a seminar, 1 on 1 coaching or even running into a mentor at an event and chatting for 5 minutes. The key is to ask the right type of questions and just listen. Don’t interrupt. Let them give you all their nuggets of wisdom. Just sit there and download it all into your head.

Reverence:


"I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out."

- Erich Fried

USEFUL REVERENCE

Reverence is one of the most useful emotions. When you respectfully acknowledge the sublime beauty of something greater than yourself, you do yourself a big favor. You generate authentic humility and sincere gratitude, which are healthy for your body as well as your soul.

Please note that reverence is not solely the province of religious people. A biologist may venerate the scientific method. An atheist might experience a devout sense of awe toward geniuses who have bequeathed to us their brilliant ideas.

What about you? What excites your reverence? I invite you to explore the deeper mysteries of this altered state of consciousness

DON"T BREAK THE CHAIN


Don’t break the chain.

“He said for each day that I do my task of writing, I get to put a big red X over that day. After a few days you’ll have a chain. Just keep at it and the chain will grow longer every day. You’ll like seeing that chain, especially when you get a few weeks under your belt. Your only job next is to not break the chain.”

Don’t break the chain.”

Not breaking the chain leads to momentum. And momentum isn’t mystical. Science defines it as the force that allows something to grow stronger or faster as time passes.

However, momentum isn’t the only science at work in our daily lives. Like everything else, it must have an equal and opposite reaction.
The enemy of momentum: how friction breaks your chain

Friction is the resistance caused when one object is moving at a different rate than another.

And what is life if not an infinite number of distracting meetings, ideas, goals, people, projects, emails, meetings, chores, and commitments all moving at a different rate than one another?

If you can’t kill friction, it’ll eat through your momentum like rust through a chain.

However, if you can find a way to focus on building a single goal, or “chain,” and building it well?—?the payoff might be more rewarding than you ever expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment