Wednesday, July 4, 2018

There are two ways to hear anything... part 1. Courage deficiency

There are two ways to hear anything...
  • 1. through and inside the mind

  • 2. in reality


Hearing, or course, includes reading. Reading is a version of listening. How you read is how you listen...

But even if you manage to hear something outside of the mind, the next step will decide everything.

You are like a dog with a bone. Or a cat with a new food...

You"ll drag that thing you heard into the cave, into the mind, and you compare it with what is there.

If you see a compelling reason to accept something that flies in the face of what is already in the cave, you"ll do that.

How often? It depends on many factors, but all in all... very rarely.

daruma dollAccepting something that is new, threatens your delicate homeostasis, threatens your world view... and you don"t think you can afford that. You don"t know yourself as a Daruma doll... you"ve actually never tried to do it before.

So, bottom line is, you won"t allow a new information to change you.

This is the biggest challenge any teacher has, your truly included.

Depending on how much you need to protect your precious "I" from being devalued, you can be taken to the water and you"ll drink from it.

And depending on your ties to your family and community, you accepting ideas that run counter with your community"s requires you to have more courage than you probably have.

 

Humanity suffers from courage deficiency


I wouldn"t have been able to make the kind of evolutionary steps either staying in Hungary or staying in Israel. I had to come to a country where I knew no one, and no one knew me.

I had to limit my contact with family to nearly none... and not share my views with them... unless I wanted to have to deal with their declaring me and Undesirable.

Being able to meet other people"s expectations is an innate survival need... and I would not have been able to do that in countries where I was known, respected, and loved.

You need to stop talking about what you are doing here, or the chicken coop/crab bucket effect will activate...

It is one thing to deal with your fear that is personal. It is another thing to stay outside of the chicken coop, or climb out if the other chickens know what you are planning.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment