Monday, February 3, 2014

NEW: My teaching style... does it work? should I change it? a comparison with other teaching modalities

http://www.yourvibration.com/wp-content/uploads/learning-styles-poster-300x225.png


Summary: In this article I examine different teaching styles in the area of spirituality, consciousness and transformation, and I explain why I teach the way I teach.


I got an email from a student of mine yesterday. I quote the whole letter in the footnotes... ((Sophie -

Would you consider trying a one-day-a-week separate new experimental coaching class in which you assume the best about the students and encourage them to keep working hard and acknowledge the improvements you see in them and give them a little time once in a while to tell the improvements they see in themselves? (a class that) doesn"t use abusing, berating, insulting and assuming the worst about the students?

As I envision it, the new experimental class would be as meaty as the current coaching calls are. And the fact that it would be acknowledging the things that are right about the students doesn"t mean it would be a wimpy, let-them-get-away-with-anything class. Like you do with the current coaching, in the experimental class you would demand that students be on time and do the work and be prepared if they want to stay in the class.

Advantages of trying the experimental coaching class along with continuing the current coaching classes:
(1) You could compare the actual results and know for sure which approach gets the best results.
(2) You might attract and keep more students with the experimental approach, which will give the world more chances of having people who are becoming expanding human beings.
(3) It will be a different challenge for you and give you more opportunities to work on your Soul Correction and practice your new capacities.
(4) From my own personal viewpoint, I would love being in the experimental class. I worked hard and made huge gains in Scientology and its approach is more like the experimental class approach so I know that approach works for me.

I haven"t been around your teachings long, but from listening to past class recordings, it appears that you had about 40 to 50 active students a couple years ago but only about 10 active students now. Maybe it"s time to try a few experiments to reverse the tide?

What do you think?

Thank you -

More: If you aren"t able to see any improvements in your students to acknowledge, then I guess you could listen to the improvements they share in the class and acknowledge them for those. But I know you"ve coached a lot of people over many years and, from my experience with you, you get results, so I think you have seen many things your students could be acknowledged for.

I know from my own experience there have been coaching sessions you"ve done that are like the experimental approach I describe. Especially when the student is confronting something that"s extremely painful for them. Like when you coached me through and incident. You were firm in getting me to confront it, but at the same time it felt like you were on my side getting me through it instead of hitting me with things that were wrong with me. That was a masterful coaching session. I doubt there"s anyone on the planet who could have coached like you did in that session and gotten me to see so much like you did. I made huge progress and my experience has been unbelievable ever since then. Something I thought was impossible, you made happen. Gains like that are examples of what I would enjoy sharing with you in a class like the experimental class. And you did it without berating or insulting me.))

I have been obsessing over it for the past hour or so: it feels hurtful, it feels like she says that I am wrong to teach the way I teach.

Her argument that Scientology teaches the way she suggests that I teach sounds really compelling, after all they got her to a respectable low vibration of 130... with a lot of what she says they did well. This sentence was tongue in cheek, if you haven"t noticed. 130 is misery.

Her vibration is 200 now. Not very high, but she got herself off the street level hustle and bustle...

CLICK TO CONTINUE

No comments:

Post a Comment