Monday, May 9, 2016

Why you should not trust your doctor, your nutritionist, your muscle testing...


Mental Representation... an incredibly useful distinction and an incredibly rare capacity

I loved the book "Peak, the new science of expertise", until almost the very end. Then I got angry.

Somewhere around 90% of the book I noticed that he uses an expression, a phrase, that means something to him, the author, but meant nothing to me.

Now I know how you feel when you read my articles...

The expression he used was "Mental Representation".

He never quite explained what it was, and my mind was screaming "bloody murder" for a few days.

I felt it was important, I felt that without that the whole book is just letters and lines, and useless words in random order. I knew.

I fired up my hunting dog part, and instructed it to find it... it must be there, even if "I" can"t see it.

Dreams that fell apart the moment I opened my eyes, glimpses that I didn"t quite catch... maddening, if you ask me.

Then a glimpse I could hold onto.

Download the pdf version of this article at the end of the article

CLICK TO CONTINUE

No comments:

Post a Comment