Saturday, March 25, 2017

The other sculpture method of creating your life, creating your Self


I have been testing a theory that 5-15 minutes of doing something, every day, is more effective than taking one two-hour class a week.

So I"ve taken on learning Hebrew. On a website called Duolingo.com.

I had to learn typing in Hebrew, and I had to learn a bunch of grammar, a bunch of words. Without memorizing. Without really much effort. ((I had done the same thing with Hungarian earlier this year... re-learning to type, re-learning to write, re-learning to read Hungarian. But I wasn"t conscious of the self-building aspect of it: I had a "reason" to do the "work" because I was corresponding with the author of the book "Feelings". This time, with Hebrew, I have no agenda, I am doing it as an experiment, as an intellectual exercise, as a fun project.))

The secret is to not miss a day. After a missed day it is hard to go back to an activity. The first week I did all my sessions at the end of the day, just before I went to bed. But even then I could put in my 5-10 minutes. It"s been 19 days.

First off: it"s satisfying. I have an experience of myself that is pleasant. A feeling that I am growing. That I am not living an empty life... hm... interesting.


CLICK TO CONTINUE

No comments:

Post a Comment