Tuesday, August 5, 2014

NEW: Can"t say no? The price of being polite, agreeable, and accommodating

http://www.yourvibration.com/wp-content/uploads/quote-that-woman-speaks-eighteen-languages-and-can-t-say-no-in-any-of-them-dorothy-parker-258055.jpg
Saying no feels rude. Any type of no. Setting your boundaries, hanging up the phone, saying you are busy...

Even when no one knows you have a hard time saying no.

How do I know? I just observed myself.

I was on a webinar where they showed how to use a graphics software and it was really good and really enjoyable. Then they started to pitch a bonus... I wasn"t interested in the offer.

Yet, I caught myself staying on the call... and instead of just disconnecting, I tried to multitask: saying yes and no at the same time. I felt my shoulders tighten, and my stomach hurt.

Oh, I want to say no, and I am not saying it, instead I am acting it out... I thought, and then, finally, I hung up.

CLICK TO CONTINUE

No comments:

Post a Comment