Wednesday, April 4, 2018

How to Live More Abundantly... a Jewish Story


One night, the Shah dressed up as a peasant to enjoy the evening air undisturbed by his rank, and to wander through the streets of his empire unnoticed. He walked through town and reached the poor section of town. The street was quiet, but suddenly he heard singing from a little cottage. As he peaked through the window he saw a man sitting at a table.

He was amazed that such a poor man would be in such good spirits. He knocked on the door and asked if he would be welcome to join the man as a guest. They ate and drank together. After the meal the Shah asked the man how he earned his living.

"I am a poor Jew, I fix shoes in the street, and with what I earn I sustain myself for that day." answered the man.
CLICK TO CONTINUE

No comments:

Post a Comment