Friday, March 1, 2019

The third brain... immersion: the secret to mastery of life and growth


There are, in my experience, three thinking brains, at least potentially, in every human...

The first thinking brain, the mind, that is in cahoots, in collusion, working against you with the selfish gene. That is what creates a life of reactivity, full of fear, full of anxiety, full of sharp turns and devastating jerks. I"ve lived there... and I hated it.

The second thinking brain, the one that evaluates, reasons, figures stuff out, is slow and plodding, and hard work. Creates real solutions, keeps you out of trouble... but not fun.

And then there is the third thinking brain... the work of thinking is done in the background, on the back burner, while the foreground is silent, resting, or busy learning something new..

That is where I live now.

I am getting a few questions about that, and I decided to tell you as much as I can see... the mechanism is largely hidden from my view... It is in the background...

I"ll use myself, and clients" and students" stuff as illustrations...

In the past month I saw more maturing, more "going to the next level" than I had seen in all my career as a coach.

CLICK TO CONTINUE

No comments:

Post a Comment