Tuesday, July 26, 2016

How do you know if you are growing, or just imagining that you are?


My homework for the course I am in is to read 200 testimonials to a book in my niche.

My niche is self growth, becoming a human being, being all you can become...

A little vague, I am afraid. But being able to pinpoint what attracts people that say they want to grow is what I want to do... so I have been reading those darned testimonials.

I"ve chosen to only track testimonials to book I have read myself:

Frequency by Penney Peirce (personal vibration: 130)... Truth value 3% and E-Squared: Nine Do-It-Yourself Energy Experiments That Prove Your Thoughts Create Your Reality by Pam Grout (personal vibration: 170) truth value between 5 and 8 percent, depending where the reader"s vibration is. ((If you have read e-squared... I have, it has a number or exercises to prove that your thoughts create reality. Half of those examples are actual examples and repeatable, half of those examples are lies. Actual lies. As in fibs, made up, stories... Not true.

I have a student who has lived his life feeling inferior, because in church, in his childhood, every single person seemed to be able to connect to god, but he could not.

The truth is that less than one percent of Christians actually feel they connect to whatever hey call god... the rest would like to... but don"t.

The same is with the prevailing theory that your thoughts create your reality... A great thing to pretend about...

The same is true about the idea that your beliefs hold you back or propel you to greatness. Bah humbug. But tons of "gurus" make a nice living with that... not the least Christie Marie Sheldon... the queen of erasing wrong beliefs.))

The readers of both books claim that the books were life-altering.

I have a disappointing news: those books are pretense-fattening at best.

So how do you know if you are growing?

I have shared some of the ways I know I am growing in another article... but it may be personal. So let"s look at something that has unquestionably caused growth, my health consultations.

You see, it is one thing to trust my muscle testing results, that they tell you if you grew or not. It"s quite a different thing to be able to see it.

If you are not growing, your problems remain the same, said in exactly the same way, approached in exactly the same manner.

I remember going back to my ACOA ((Adult Children of Alcoholics and Dysfunctional families)) meeting four-five months later and the same people sat there and said the same exact things the same exact way as before.

Some of my students repeat the same sentences, same concerns over and over... and I know they aren"t growing.

And other students begin to talk about different issues that come up because they are at a different place in their lives.

Unless what concerns you, what you complain about, what you are dealing with has changed, your efforts haven"t taken you to growth... yet.

If you read or dream about taking a trip, your concerns don"t change. You actually have
CLICK TO CONTINUE

No comments:

Post a Comment