Saturday, August 27, 2016

Diet cults vs. how life intends that you eat


I just finished reading the book "Diet Cults".

I mostly hated it, especially when he is elaborating on his non-cult cult"s rules... ugh.

What is most striking in all the diet-cults, to me, is their ignorance of the fact that food, unless it is prepared in a tasty, mouth-watering way, isn"t nourishing for most people.

I had two health calls in the past two days, and both people ate in a cultish way, for health. What they shared are these:


Their essential nutrients were not fully supplied to the body, even though the foods they ate had them.

They ate according to someone"s idea of healthy eating.

Both had a family member with serious health issues.




I came away from both calls with the same feeling: unless I teach them how to cook delicious meals with the few ingredients that agree with them, they will not get better.

And even more important: they won"t get happier.

CLICK TO CONTINUE

No comments:

Post a Comment