Saturday, August 6, 2016

Force your thinking brain to work


I had an insight into how our education system fosters only first brain thinking and how to force the thinking brain to work...

I am reading a book, Stumbling on happiness... so far it"s excellent, funny, witty, and very enlightening. ((I am not looking for happiness... I may be the only person on the planet, but most of my students do... so I am interested in what is happiness and what stupid things we do to attain happiness.))

I am learning that the difference between animals and humans is their capacity to plan, their capacity to do computations for a future, imagine a future, their capacity for "if... then" statements: (If I do this, then that happens...), i.e. foresight and preparation for the future.

The part of the brain that does that is the frontal cortex. People with frontal cortex lobotomy cannot plan, and don"t have anxiety. Because anxiety always deals with the future... albeit in a very primitive way.

Now, unless you had lobotomy, or a frontal cortex injury, you have the capacity of a human, for thinking.


CLICK TO CONTINUE

No comments:

Post a Comment