Sunday, August 14, 2016

Remember: How I learned Hebrew and how it can help you to become the new human being in no time flat


Motto: Mentor: Someone whose hindsight can become your foresight

Remember who you are

In 1981 I got a letter from a man from Israel. He claimed to be a second cousin on my father"s side to me. He was coming to an educational conference in Hungary. He came with his wife.

We spent time together, they were staying with me, in my one-bedroom high-rise apartment in Budapest. He visited with every member of my family, and witnessed their contempt for me first hand.

He promised to be family to me if I decided to go to Israel.

One year later I packed a suitcase and left Hungary. illegally. It was winter in Hungary when I left, in fact it was below 15 minus, very cold. It was about 80 degrees in Israel when I arrived, penniless. I knew one word in Hebrew: shalom.

CLICK TO CONTINUE

No comments:

Post a Comment