Wednesday, September 27, 2017

I make decisions really slowly. One may even accuse me of procrastination...


Let me correct that: I consider most decisions I make a test. Experiment. Rough draft. ((I am talking here about important decisions. To read one thing or another, to have one thing or another for lunch, and things like that have already been decided: I only have food that I can eat, and I only have books I should read one time or another. I don"t want to spend my precious glycogen supply on puny unimportant inconsequential decisions... but I bet YOU do!))

Huh?

Yeah, I thought so. I thought it will sound foreign... But you will learn something, through this article, that is not common knowledge... and it is even new to me!

Decisions are an expensive activity for the brain. Any choice is. Important choices and unimportant choices equally use up a renewable resource, for ease of language, I"ll call glycogen, although it may not be that.

You wake up with more of that glycogen... it replenished itself during the night... If your sleep is restless, then you won"t have your full stores of glycogen: ever since that nurse moved to the next house, my sleep is restless. Even with the audios... Mind you, I have tried to sleep without the audio, and slept a total of 58 minutes that night. With the audio I wake up a few times, and dream or solve puzzles, or write articles in my mind, but I sleep and wake up rested. So...

And yet, I have less glycogen than if I slept through the night without working in my sleep...

But I digress... What I really want to teach you is...
CLICK TO CONTINUE

No comments:

Post a Comment