Thursday, September 7, 2017

If it is easy to get, then it is worthless... Anything worthwhile is hard to master


One of my students gave me a kindle book for my birthday.

It"s a book about practicing, for teachers. ((This, practicing to actually know what you are talking about, is the area of massive inauthenticity.

Teachers, gurus, anyone teaching anything, health, wealth, happiness, fulfillment... They are all guilty of inauthenticity... the main source of the impostor syndrome.

When was it the last time that a guru said to you: I am teaching this because I need to actually get it, learn it, and make it work for me. Never, you say? I tend to agree.

But if you look around in gurudom, this is the general state of knowledge: no one actually knows things on the highest level, where they can own it. The can pretend to own it. But that is not the same as owning it.

Feeling that you own it doesn"t mean you do.

If you look, closely, the gurus don"t live from what they teach. Can"t see it? Then just take my word for it, I have been observing it for decades. But until now I didn"t know why... I saw it was true, but the cause was eluding me...

The inauthenticy number I measure in the starting point measurements tells the whole story. Even my hero, my own teacher, Werner Erhard is at 70% of inauthenticity. Nancy Zapolsky, also from Landmark, is, interestingly, at 50%. In comparison: Tai Lopez: 90%. Vishen Lakhiani: 95%, Bill Harris (Holosync) 99% inauthentic.

Inauthentic means that they lie. Their life is a lie. They are split to an inside and an outside that are disconnected.

Specifically about owning a knowledge: people are spouting undigested Tree of Knowledge, pretending that it is actual knowledge. And you, my friend, buy it. Repeat it. Hope to benefit from it. And you are surprised that you don"t.))

The gift book came right on the heels of an insight I haven"t shared with you.
I finished my third reading Ayn Rand"s 1500 page philosophical novel. I still don"t have my own words to say what she says.
I have one sentence, that is now mine, that I own, and the sentence is "A is A. If you wish it to be something else, then you are delusional." This is the cornerstone of Ayn Rand"s philosophy, objectivism.

I am able to own one distinction. From the 1500 pages of dense philosophy.
I am OK with that. It"s a process.

CLICK TO CONTINUE

No comments:

Post a Comment