Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Your attitude: are you mirroring the attitude of the other?


I consider myself quite aware, quite present, and yet... I am still finding out stuff that I have had no idea about.

Your attitude, more often than not, comes as a mirror of your "opponent"s"... partner"s, "the other".

One of the automatic behaviors happens without any thinking on our part: mirroring.

It is one of those phenomena when you act and then justify it later.

Example: I called on a participant yesterday, or was it on Monday?

I found myself tensing up, I found myself arguing.

The difference between you and me, is that I caught myself. What tipped me off is that I had no reason to be confronted, or confrontational. I was at peace about the topic, about the participant, about life. So suddenly hearing myself arguing was a dead giveaway.

CLICK TO CONTINUE

No comments:

Post a Comment