Friday, July 7, 2017

Are you experiencing the "post holiday blues"?


In life, victory goes to the most adaptable... ((



Keywords:
Description:


adaptable
 Adaptability is nature"s way to find the strait and narrow, to find the most likely winner in the evolutionary lottery. It is true on every level... In life you get more of the scarce resources if you are aware and adaptable.


change
 Change is hard, because very change is uncomfortable. If you have a TLB score that is very low, your ability to change is low. But without changing, the default state reigns supreme: entropy, and slowly dying.


skills
 Skills are, if they are real skills, they are portable. Meaning: doing something is not a skill... everything you do uses several skills. Doing diverse things, and doing them well, develops skills that are going to be the building blocks of your success. My methodology of building skills is, in order of the impact it makes: 1. volunteering to do something I don"t know how to do, 2. doing pro-bono work for others, work that requires me to learn a ton of new stuff 3. just doing things I don"t know how to do well 4. doing something like a course... like duolingo... that is my last resort.



)) says the law of self-selection. ((Your TLB score could be called your adaptability factor))

The easiest to observe is yourself... when there is a long enough holiday: 4-day holidays are perfect.

If you get into the holiday mood: doing pretty much nothing... then you didn"t need a lot of adaptability: you probably habitually do a lot of nothing in any given day.

But the most important part is: how long does it take for you to get back into the swing of things... becoming productive, doing what there is to do, without sluggishness of complaint, or yearning to get back into holiday mode.

How do I know? I could say that I am watching you, but truth be told, I am watching myself, and getting back into workday mode has been very hard for me.

CLICK TO CONTINUE

No comments:

Post a Comment