Friday, June 6, 2014

NEW: I caught myself grieving yesterday... What are you grieving when you are grieving?

http://www.yourvibration.com/wp-content/uploads/rosemary_laing-a_dozen_useless_actions_for_grieving_blondes_no10-2009.jpg
I caught myself grieving yesterday.

I got a brochure in the mail that had pictures of Budapest in it. I left Hungary, and Budapest, the capital I was born and lived for 34 years 32 years ago.

Every time I considered grieving, a song welled up in my head, a song about home and home sickness. It"s about longing, and it"s about regret. And I refused to regret anything. Like Edith Piaf, Je ne regrette rien. No regrets. ((Edith Piaf grieved a lot, and also suppressed her grief by drugs, sex, and other ways. But when you actually do your grieving in earnest, looking at all your losses, you can become someone with no regrets, unburdened, unhindered, flying.))



CLICK TO CONTINUE

No comments:

Post a Comment