Saturday, July 12, 2014

NEW: No one can hear you... I mean, not really! A profound sense of being misunderstood

http://www.yourvibration.com/wp-content/uploads/misunderstood-genius-calvin-hobbes.jpeg
The art of being heard the right way

On the Playground, last Tuesday"s topic was "Not being heard... Being misunderstood"

Every person had at least one painful incident where their speaking was earning them grief and heart ache, instead of what they wanted. Appreciation, understanding, equality, or love.

The most interesting thing was that when we looked, each and every one of us were repeating and repeating the incident in our lives, the same way, expecting a different result.

I had the same experience with clients before: until the "original" incident is drained of all the pain and charge, they were repeating it, and, listen up, unwilling to learn the way to be always heard, to be always known, to be never be hurt again, to be effective... the art of communication anything to anyone.

I remember when I first "learned" the art, I had no idea what I learned, so it went away. But until then there was nothing I could tell anyone, there was nothing I asked of anyone that wasn"t met with success, cooperation, support, and a delight.

CLICK TO CONTINUE

No comments:

Post a Comment