Friday, August 4, 2017

Change your perspective... asking questions that upset your status quo


In the 67 steps there is a method to make decisions using a calculator. ((Step 15 in the 67 steps))

Nine out of ten students skip it, the one that does it does it shabbily. Students won"t do it or won"t do it right even after I send them back to do it.
Why? Because the method uses questions that you don"t want to ask. Why? Because they upset the apple cart.
I read a book, years ago, by a therapist, for people who can"t make a decision to leave or to leave... ((Too Good to Leave, Too Bad to Stay: A Step-by-Step Guide to Help You Decide Whether to Stay In or Get Out of Your Relationship by Mira Kirshenbaum)) The one question that no one asked before was: when it was the best: was it really good?

I was in a relationship when I first read that book, so I asked the question and looked. And then looked at every relationship I had ever had. I found that even when it was the best, it wasn"t really good... for me. As hard as it was to accept that, I decided that I am not going to live on crumbs any more... I am happiest alone, married to my life-purpose... I left and I have been a lot happier ever since.
A new question is a change in perspective...

CLICK TO CONTINUE

No comments:

Post a Comment