Thursday, August 17, 2017

More about Desire and Ambition...


Desire is a mental energy. It is impossible to desire something you have not imagined or seen. So desire is comparing an image of something and the way it is, and that gap is what is called desire.

Now, desire has this imagination element, that shows the object of desire, the finished "product" as if it were already there. And therein lies the mischief.

The path from the present moment to the ready is long and arduous, unless it is as easy as making a cup of coffee... when you have coffee, water, and a coffee maker.

But most things are not simple, and only happen over time.

Here is an example:

A few years ago I started to provide water for the birds. I live on the edge of a small wild woods... a few acres on the side of a hill that is too steep to build on. We have deer, skunks, racoon, badger, lots of squirrels, and a ton of birds.

I have the water bath filled even in the winter, if I can.

This spring I noticed that we have about ten times more birds, and also different birds from what we had even last year.

This is how long it"s taken for the birds to decide to nest close to a water source... my deck... lol

Here is another example:

I made a couple of misguided experiments over the years to maintain my girlish body... Instead, I ballooned. Two years ago I weighed in at 166 lbs. That is whale weight, ladies and gentlemen.

CLICK TO CONTINUE

No comments:

Post a Comment