Wednesday, June 4, 2014

NEW: 12 steps toward becoming truly who you are: the Playground program

http://www.yourvibration.com/wp-content/uploads/7301783.jpg
The Playground program: the history

Back in 1988 when I first created the Playground: It is never too late to have a happy childhood, I"d just come out from participating in a 12-step program, similar to AA, but for people who suffered from the behavior of the alcoholic.

It turns out, that a troubled household with troubled parents creates the same symptoms as one with an alcoholic parent: a lack of safety. My parents weren"t alcoholic, but their behavior was erratic. One day I was beaten up for a behavior, the next it was ignored... Nerve wrecking. There was nothing I could count on to be quasi permanent and reliable. It"s a miracle that I didn"t withdraw into schizophrenia.


What"s good about 12-step programs?

Anyway, I liked the environment of a 12-step meeting: the meeting had principles, but it had no coaching, no rebuttal, no arguments, it was a very adult and equals program, as opposed to any other place in the world.

CLICK TO CONTINUE

No comments:

Post a Comment