Saturday, March 11, 2017

Violence: is it innate, or is it imposed on humanity?


One of my students wrote to me:
Self-care. I perform the poorest and I"m not consistent. Not sure what one category it fits under, in a way I can see it being a part of all big four areas of life.

To me it"s like I need to steal it in order to get it, it doesn"t come naturally or where I don"t feel guilty. Even reading by myself I feel guilty of being selfish. It"s etched in me and so when I do want to take care of myself it feels like I have to fight for the right, when I really don"t.
Now, it should be obvious for anyone who has read the Feelings book that what she is talking about is the basic needs of a human. That the phenomenon she talks about is not personal, that most women, especially in different male-centered cultures will mistakenly behave like this: violently deny their own needs. Rights vs. needs.

It is not very different from self-mutilation. It is just done with different tools.

It is a violence against life, against nature. Denying Life, being on the side of Death.

On the Tree of Knowledge all kinds of violence is ok... including self-violence. You suppress, you deny... but eventually it comes out.
CLICK TO CONTINUE

No comments:

Post a Comment