Thursday, March 23, 2017

People are writing to me that they had no trauma to bring to the Sunday Feelings Webinar.







A trauma is an incident. The significance is in your emotional response, not in what happened. The same incident is no big deal for others, but it is, or was a big deal for you.

Here is an example from my life:

I went on my biweekly grocery shopping trip with the old folks van yesterday.

They asked what"s new, and I shared that I asked the Community Center to give me a chance to do a short lecture on water. The answer to that was a groan. Audible, and coming from a deep reluctance and distaste.

It wasn"t the right time to deal with it then and there, so I stored it away for analysis later.

And this is "later"... let"s do it now.

First off: the groan awakened a whole series of memories, unpleasant memories of earlier similar incidents.

Earlier similar is a technical term.

Let me explain:

When you are upset, you are never upset from or by what is happening right now.
CLICK TO CONTINUE

No comments:

Post a Comment