Saturday, October 29, 2016

How to have the wind in your back? How to have a Silent Partner with immense power?


Yesterday"s article was the tree that fell in the forest that didn"t make a sound. No one was there to hear it. Many read it, no one heard it. No echo. ((And I predict the same will happen to this article... lol. Catch me giving a hoot...))

Why? How come?

Probably because you were reading it from the rarefied air of positivity. Or some other filter blocked the genius and the simplicity of the blueprint I was so very proud of.

I actually knew that this was the best article I have EVER written. But it made no echo.

Why? Really why?

In my last Talk to Me call I asked one of my students to get angry. And do it in any language he wishes.

Because without anger you can"t activate Ego to give you the energy you need.

It was hard for him. (can you feel that just using the word "hard" you are already turning away from this article? Did you catch it?). So he did what he always does... Pretended. In Polish. But to his dismay, I know enough Polish words to catch him.

He was begging, complaining, whining Why Why Whyyyyy?... and then used some curse words, that I also know. Sounded like a pansy... (( I was thinking the other day that pansies really got a strange and undeserved reputation.

Pansies, in Hungarian, are called the little orphans... lol.

In colloquial terms, a pansy is a sissy, a mama"s boy, a frail, unmasculine, unathletic male child who may grow up to be ::gulp:: gay. A group of young boys may say, "Let"s not ask Johnny to play football, he"s such a pansy, he"s always afraid he"s going to get hurt."

Not that there"s anything wrong with that; it"s a wise child who avoids dangerous activities, even in the face of public ridicule. But it doesn"t describe the actual pansy, which is really a robust little thing, for all its showy prettiness. Pansies are the hockey goaltenders of the plant world. You can dump them in your beds and your window-boxes and they"ll be fine, even if it snows.

So why did the sissy type of pansy get associated with the flower?

Well, it didn"t. Or at least not directly.

The insult "pansy" actually comes from the French "pensée", which is the past tense of "to think", but is also a feminine reflexive. This term came about in the mid-fifteenth century, and essentially, it was used pejoratively to describe a man who thinks too much (like a woman is the intimation). Thinking men were not brawny, active, robust men, therefore they were thought to be slightly effeminate. It wasn"t until 1929 that the term "pansy" came to mean sissy boy, or homosexual male.))

Did he release any energy? Of course not.

We live in a society where getting angry, getting mad is a politically incorrect action.

But practicing getting angry, and being appropriately angry is a very useful skill.

My landlord kept me checked for a decade with anger. It worked... I haven"t had my apartment painted, repaired, and anything breaks, I have to pay for it, because he won"t.

If you want to cause action,
CLICK TO CONTINUE

No comments:

Post a Comment