Saturday, May 13, 2017

Let"s talk about your TLB, OK? Twitchy Little Bastard score is your TLB...


So, here I am, again, with tears dripping from my chin. Not from sadness, although there is sadness there. Not from happiness, not from grief, although there is grief there.
I have been watching videos of TED talks, all grouped, themed, around practice. Around getting better at something.
All are great, but the one by Carol Dweck ((Carol Dweck Stanford Psychology Professor researches “growth mindset” — the idea that we can grow our brain"s capacity to learn and to solve problems. In this talk, she describes two ways to think about a problem that’s slightly too hard for you to solve. Are you not smart enough to solve it … or have you just not solved it yet? A great introduction to this influential field.

developing_growth_mindset
https://video-subtitle.tedcdn.com/talk/podcast/2014X/None/CarolDweck_2014X-480p-en.mp4
)) and her findings is when I started to cry.
I may be smart, I may be an empath, but I am no educational scientist, even though I teach. And I struggle... struggle with what I call TLB and what she calls yes/no mindset, or "now" mindset.

CLICK TO CONTINUE

No comments:

Post a Comment