Wednesday, April 26, 2017

The hidden spiritual capacity that is underneath all the others... I think.


It"s been coming up with more and more frequency:
We don"t know what it looks like to be good, to be kind, to be independent, to be happy, etc.
I wrote recently about my quest to become a kind person.

I am 70 years old. Why now? why so late in life?

When I look back at my childhood, when I look at my brothers, their wives, I see no kindness. EVER.
I am now able to be kind except right now, today... I am irritated, and out of balance... I don"t want to share the "story", but please know that there are innate capacities and learned capacities. I will never be as patient as a saint... especially when I am out of balance... Kindness and patience are intimately connected.
Spiritual virtues, like kindness, goodness, love, forgiveness... etc. you only learn when you see it in many situations. We could be simplistic and call it learning by osmosis.
CLICK TO CONTINUE

No comments:

Post a Comment