Monday, November 16, 2015

All my life I tried to not sound arrogant. The more I tried the more people thought that I was arrogant.


All my life I tried to not sound arrogant. The more I tried the more people thought that I was arrogant.

Why is this?

I could not answer this question until this afternoon.

I have been walking up and down the hill. I get into conversations, and I have noticed that people are not hiding from me any more. Actually they seem to enjoy talking to me.

Today I talked to an 80 year old man who I thought was shallow... He actually shared his depth with me, and I appreciated and acknowledge that.

He said how refreshing that was to be acknowledged for his depth instead of his brilliance, meaning his PhD and college professor status. ((I live on a street with many University professors, because Syracuse University is less than a mile from here... I could even share with this guy my theory about why all their wives are dying of cancer... I mean the wives of the professors... And maybe that is what started his self-reflection. I told in myself: "if you can"t take this... I have nothing else to give you... lol."))

CLICK TO CONTINUE
#ActivatingAbilities

No comments:

Post a Comment