Sunday, November 1, 2015

Take back your life... Take back your power... The value of proving that you can


About two years or so after I graduated from architecture school, I was assigned to manage a project. A big one. A university in Oran, Algeria.

I wasn"t assigned because I was so good. Looking back I was green. I didn"t have the vision. I didn"t have the big picture. I didn"t have even the small picture.

Then a new person came to manage the department, and he sent me back to be a draftsperson to prove myself from the ground up.

As any self-respecting arrogant person would, I said that I didn"t have to prove anything... and I quit.

It was arguably the worst thing I could do for my career as an architect, and it created irreparable damage inwardly too... I damaged the trust between me and me, I damaged the trust between the ego and me. I now had quitting as an option... and it set me on a path of floating unhappy leaf... damaged goods, for a few years.

CLICK TO CONTINUE
#SpiritualPracticeToRaiseYourVibration

No comments:

Post a Comment