Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Does it ever happen to you that you talk and no one responds?


You talk about something miraculous, that could make all the difference for people... you speak, they listen... and nothing.
You say something profound... no echo. You ask for something, and people"s eyes are glazed over.

Well, this is a regular occurrence in my life... it"s been happening as far as I can remember. And it has happened in every language... not just in English.

I used to suffer about it. I used to blame everyone, call them stupid, etc.

There was a point, some 30 years ago, when it first occurred to me that maybe it is my job to speak in a way that people can understand, it is not their job to change how they speak.

It was jarring. I resented it for a long time.

And in the past 30 years, I have gotten a little bit better at speaking to how people think... a little bit better.

CLICK TO CONTINUE
#Activation

No comments:

Post a Comment